4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
What Did You Do Today?

I went to an auction. Of all things I went to look for (not having any money) was a 2005 Cadillac. It was sooo nice. I just thought it would look even better with me driving it..... At the last auction I went to there were two nice cars and one went for $500 and the other for $1000 so I thought maybe this Cadillac would go cheap too....heck no....it went for $9000 . Needless to say.....I'm still driving my van.

I did buy an oak dresser that matches my bedroom suit and one of those battery powered scooters like you see in Wal Mart. I got it for $50. I thought maybe Mom could use it or my older brother could use it because his knees are really bad. If not...it will be my new toy for awhile..

There is another auction next Saturday that I plan on going to if it doesn't rain, it's an outside auction.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
paula1961

That sounds like so much fun Janet! My sister and her husband go to auctions alot. They even go to a QVC auction on Sat nights in WV. They find great buys on all kinds of stuff!
Sorry you didn't get your Cadillac! Maybe next time.
You got a great buy on that scooter though! I wish I could find one that cheap, I'd get it for my Dad. I bet that oak dresser is pretty isn't it?

I haven't really done anything today. Just got home last night from Dad and Mom's. Had been there since Wed.
I haven't been feeling the best today. I think I may have caught some kind of bug or something. Hopefully it will pass soon.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hope you get to feeling better, Paula!!

Janet, it sounds like you had fun!! I like to go and look but I just hate standing around all day!!

The car sounds like it was still a pretty good deal but certainly not a bargain like the other cars were. Keep looking.....you'll find something!!

I'm still painting.....Dae Lynn and I painted yesterday until almost 10 o'clock. We were absolutely worn out but we didn't have the kids and things go better without them. We went back at 4 o'clock today and worked a little bit more without the kids again. We have some touch ups in different areas but the bed rooms and living room are mostly done......in Karlie's room we have to paint the ceiling, but it should go quickly. Lastly we have the kitchen and we're hoping to have it done by Tuesday!! I can't tell you how nice that everything looks. I'll post some pictures after we get everything done and I have time!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Janet

I wasn't really looking for a car....my van is fine...lol...I just thought if it went cheap enough...why not..LOLOL

Yesterday I didn't do anything....didn't even get dressed. Well I did do laundry, but that's nothing new.

This morning I went to town to do my normal Monday errands...bank and groceries. Ricky went with me which makes it more fun. While at the store...my older brother calls and puts me on the phone with Mom. I guess she was suppose to be at her Kidney Dr. and I totally spaced it. She rescheduled for Wednesday, but since my brother wasn't working....he could have taken her. Oh well....I obviously don't have anything else to do.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
paula1961

Glad you and Ricky got to spend some time together today Janet. It does make it better when we get to do things with someone that makes us happy doesn't it?

Today I went to the dr. I've been feeling really nauseated (sp?) for the past few days. I'm going to go for a test on Wed morning. The dr thinks it might be my gall bladder Ive been feeling bloated after I eat certain things too, I've been doing that for a few months. Oh well.............my motto here lately is......everything will work itself out, it always does.
After the drs appt, hubby and I went to Walmart and got some things that we needed. That's about it for my day
Old 09-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
Janet

So far this morning I went walking with some co-workers. We parked our buses after dropping the kids off and walked all around our parking alot. I could only do 2 laps today...been awhile since I did much walking. I'm planning on going everyday that I can. It was fun having someone to talk and walk with.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We ran around all day looking for pots and decorations for our little back yard corner! Gary just loves to putter around and look for things like that, if he has a purpose. Unlike me , he won't shop just to shop (my favorite past time), but if he's looking for something like outdoor pottery or decorations, then he loves to shop.

We went to 5 stores today and ended up buying a gecko, a dragon fly, and 3 more pots. I'll take some pictures when I have more light.

We also bought some mums for the front yard, I think it may be cool enough now, not to fry them. It's supposed to be in the 80's all week and 60's at night. I am REALLY looking forward to getting up, stepping outside and enjoying 60-something degree mornings!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Janet

Today I groomed the doggies and yes....I did cut Ozzie and Emilee down some, not shaved, but much shorter. I'll try to get some pictures to show you. I started around 9 this morning and finished around 2:30 this afternoon. With them all shorter it won't take near as long now...yay!!!

I know what you mean about the cool mornings Gayle. Right now at 7:30 in the evening it's only 58 degrees. I love this cool weather. I have the doors and windows open and well...it's kind of cool in this house...LOL...might have to at least close the doors in a bit. This is great sleeping weather.

That's pretty much all I've done except for doing laundry of the doggie beds and blankets. Tomorrow I'm hoping to walk again with the ladies and get some things done that I didn't get done today.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I had an appointment to have Max and Annie groomed, but it was canceled, so I have the day all to myself!!!

I should go to Kingston, but I don't know if I'm in the mood for shopping. I have $75 in gift cards at Homegoods, and $150 at Home Depot!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
Janet

Good for you Judy....my gift cards don't last long enough to say "I have gift cards"....lol

Today I walked 3 miles with the ladies again. It was so cold, but I just wore short sleeves. After the 2nd lap...I was getting pretty warm and sweating. I feel so good after the walks and then coming home to shower.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
paula1961

Wow Janet you're doing great with the walking. You go girl!!

Lynne..them babies are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy have fun spending your gift cards and thanks for the well wishes!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of pix of your new stuff for your yard Gayle.

Lynsey I sure hope you got your faucet fixed and that it didn't cost alot.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Our aunt and uncle will be arriving in a few minutes from Oklahoma on their way to spend the winter in South Padre Island. They are pulling a fifth wheel trailer and will park on our long RV pad beside the house. I sure hope my uncle doesn't hit the house! Gary didn't hit it with our trailer, so I'm sure he won't, but still.........

They will be here till Thursday. I have a roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions in the oven for dinner this evening. I will make beef stew out of the leftovers for tomorrow. I think the house is in pretty good shape. The only problem is that there is that a heavy mist coming down right now, so someone (Gary ) will get damp guiding him into the RV pad.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
DianaB

Gayle, it will probably be in your Mom's best interest to put her in assisted living. She'll get good 24 hour care and there'll be others there to visit with.

Glen's Mom is getting to that place, in my opinion. She's still living at home but only because the boys are over there constantly to help her out. She can no longer get herself a meal and can barely get to the bathroom.......a lot of times she waits too long to go. Glen goes over every night to get her in bed and everything set for the night......another brother gets her up and makes sure she has breakfast and what she needs for the day nearby. I'm hoping that since the holidays are over that they'll make a decision to put her in a nursing home.......she's not well enough for assisted living. We'll see what happens.

Lindsey, it sounds like you had fun!!!

Gayle, have fun with your Aunt and Uncle!! I'm sure that they enjoy visiting with you for a couple of days!!! Supper sounds really good!! Yummmm.......
Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
DianaB

I had Dean today. The ornery little guy is into everything!!!! He pulled out some of my recipe books and had them all over the floor.......then later he cleaned almost everything out of the diaper bag!!! The other day he emptied my rag drawer!! It was so cute......he was just throwing them over his head!!! Oh.....and he's walking now!! It just a few steps here and there but he's really starting to go places!!!

Yesterday Jaci came and spent quite a bit of the day with me. She has times that she doesn't feel good but it's hard to tell if she's really sick or not. When she did that while she was home I'd finally send her to school and tell her to come home if she got worse.......well, she's doing that now at home. I'm not sure what it is exactly........maybe a little too much time on her hands so she worries about herself. I recommended some headache stuff so we'll see if anything helps. It ended up that Nate had said some mean things about her not being really sick so she was upset with him. I need to check and see how she's doing today.

My little adopted granddaughter, Lexi, and her Mom came over yesterday and got Lexi's Christmas gifts. She was so cute and she knows Jaci really well so it didn't take too long before she was chasing Jaci and laughing!!! She is such a doll!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes Diana, mom will do much better in assisted living. She's not a real social person, so it will be a bit hard for her, but it will be better. She will be able to go visit my daughter for a week or two at a time and see her great granddaughters and everyone will enjoy each other alot. Right now, they pretty much get on each other's nerves. She wouldn't have anything to do at all if she lived with us. I'm gone all day to work, and then I'm tired and not real social when I get home. We all know this is best, and she does too. The assisted living complex is absolutely gorgeous. Everyone is so nice and she will enjoy it once she gets used to it. It does feel odd though - and I'm sure it feels odd to her too.