4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

View Poll Results: Are you decorated?
It's the most wonderful time of the year! 4 36.36%
Here and there. 1 9.09%
Just one more week... 4 36.36%
It's Christmas time? 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #31
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
HEY! Don't those boys go to school! I know you are so happy to have them with you!
They are home schooled this year. They have done so much traveling to churches in preparation to go to Scotland, they had to have something flexible. I have never been a fan of home schooling, but I must admit my opinion has changed! It is so organized now, and the curriculum is great. Rachel does an unbelievable job of teaching them, and it helps that they learn easily.

...and I'm so glad to get to spend so much time with them
Old 12-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #32
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

That is really cool, Betsi! I can certainly understand the reason for home schooling! I know you are enjoying having them this time of year!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #33
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I believe homeschooling can be really good for the kids or not. It depends on the parents. I taught Jaci up until 4th grade. She did so well and I loved being the one teaching her. When I finally sent her to school it was really hard on both of us but I had some health problems come up and felt that it was best at that time. I taught A-beka and I believe that it's one of the best curriculums out there. I believe that if people really saw a good homeschool they'd see how good it is, like you.

On the other hand, I've had a young girl that was in our homeschool group contact me through Facebook and her spelling is just awful!!! I believe that she's a sophmore or junior now. I was very disappointed in seeing that some of the very simple words were spelled wrong. I believe that not all parents do a good job at schooling. I can't say for this mother.....maybe the girl just can't spell......I don't know.

Betsi, I'm sure that your daughter is doing a wonderful job!! I know how rewarding it is to be the one who does the teaching and I'm sure that she feels the same way!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #34
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Thanks Diana. Rachel is actually my dil. I have 2 sons She is giving them a strong foundation in phonics, so they don't have a problem spelling...so far, lol! My crazy son is also teaching them Greek!! He graduated from a seminary, so Greek was a requirement The kids LOVE it, and they are learning the alphabet now