4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Arts & Crafts

Old 02-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Crocheting

Not sure if I mentioned it or not but I've started going to crochet classes. There are 4 classes for $25 so thought I'd give it a try.

The first week was really hard for me to get the hang of holding it.. But I had a great time with the women. The instructor was kind of sick and she sat next to me to help guide me. Well...I then caught her cold....grrrr! so I missed the 2nd class (although you pay for 4 classes I still have 3 to go) Planning on going again on Tuesday and finish out the last two but not sure I have the patience to do that, but I'm still going to give it a try.

She also teaches knitting....I just don't know yet... Wanting to learn new things just not sure what it is.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I've crocheted some, not a lot. I think that it's a lot more fun than knitting. Personally I like counted cross stitch. You just have to pick what you like.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Janet

I do like counted cross stitch, maybe I'll try that again. Also enjoy plastic canvas. I'm just feeling a little crafty but it's too cold to do any woodworking. Wanting something to while resting...clearing my mind.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
DianaB

I understand.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I used to be able to crochet a little when I was young, but I haven't done it since. I'd have to take classes too. I started knitting last year and it's pretty easy (at least the knitting i was doing! LOL!). I haven't had as much time this year so haven't knitted as much. But I like it.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #6
Shada

The only thing I know how to crochet is a scarve.... have made a lot of those! Wish I could more... but even if I did learn it well, my time now is either on the computer or TV!!! Rarely read anymore and I used to read a book a week. Miss it, so why then don't I read more? Because I am on the computer or watching TV!!!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
Janet

Well as far as I was concerned...crocheting did not relax me at all. Matter of fact, it made me irritated, angry and feeling like a failure. So, no more of that!

I really need to find something to do that will get me off my big rear end!!! I'm not doing well at all in the losing weight category...lol
Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
Shada

My neighbor stopped over this evening and we went on my first of the season walk. Did two miles! I am proud of that!!! Plus I had to push my dog in a stroller because he decided last year after giving him a ride on my bike that walking wasn't for him... he will not walk now! Puts the skids on after about 20 yards. So I have been carrying him or riding bike most of last summer. He loved the stroller tonight. I have created a spoiled dog. But I guess it makes me do a little more so hopefully will help me.
Janet do you have a bike? I do enjoy a bike ride. Take my camera amd look for kodak moments.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:10 AM   #9
Janet

I love to bike ride and taking a camera is a great idea. Now if I could find someone to go with me once in a while.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
Shada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I love to bike ride and taking a camera is a great idea. Now if I could find someone to go with me once in a while.

I wish I were closer Janet, we could inspire each other!
But you could do like I do and take one of your yorkies for a ride.... I have a basket on my bike and Vincent just sits back and enjoys the ride. He loves it! I talk to him like a person anyway, so he fits the bill of having somebody to talk to.. I do carry pepper spray 'just in case', and have thought about carrying my pistol with me. I have talked to a Police Officer and he told me it was legal to carry as long as I don't hide it. Should be in plain sight which I replyed it would be in plain sight, I want whoever to see that I have a weapon on me. Nobody would mess with a woman who has a gun on her hip.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #11
DianaB

I take it that you have taken classes to carry, Shada! I'm proud of you! I really need to get one myself!

I wish you could see our new store in town! They have all kinds of yarn! Just seeing them makes you want to make something! Plus they are offering classes!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, sewing, knitting, crocheting all make me tense. I like to knit but only at a little bit at a time. I haven't done any for months now, just too many other things I'd rather do, even watching TV is more relaxing than knitting. But I like the end product, so I do it a little bit. LOL!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
DianaB

I saw the absolutely cutest pair of crocheted booties the other day! I'd crochet if I thought I could make something like those! I wish I had a photo to show you!

After I stop laughing!!!