4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

View Poll Results: Are you decorated?
It's the most wonderful time of the year! 4 36.36%
Here and there. 1 9.09%
Just one more week... 4 36.36%
It's Christmas time? 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
pope1982

Are you decorated?

Our home is in the third category, dangerously close to teetering over fourth.
Trying to get my tired butt together and contribute you know, peace on earth etc etc.

Last edited by pope1982; 12-10-2008 at 11:01 PM.
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
HALEY

We got our tree up and decorated so far, But Mike is still out of town, so i don't think the outside lights are going up this year.. maybe... i'm just not in the Christmas mood yet... But i will be cause of Micah.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:33 AM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

No decorating done at all!! We just have not had time. I've been baking fruit cakes and that takes a lot of time. Just too much to do!!! Hardly any shopping done, and I'm one who likes to get it done early. Really don't know how I'm going to make it, but guess what needs to will get done. Christmas tree was bought but is on the back porch in a bucket of water waiting for us. Hubby said we'd get it up this week, but our 3 year old 60" Sony Wega TV is going out, (they extended the warranties on the 2004 & 2006 models, ours is a 2005) so he's been spending the evenings searching for the best deal on the best quality, most reliable, most energy efficient product when he's not working on someone's bid or plan. He's trying to get more work, and he's having to meet when they want to and get things done as quickly as possible. It's definitely a buyer's market in an unstable time for prices of his materials and labor. He laid off his superintendent yesterday, just not enought work, so he has to do it all for a while.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
our 3 year old 60" Sony Wega TV is going out, (they extended the warranties on the 2004 & 2006 models, ours is a 2005) so he's been spending the evenings searching for the best deal on the best quality, most reliable, most energy efficient product when he's not working on someone's bid or plan.

OHHHHH!!! Don't tell me that - I have a (almost) 5 year old 60 inch Sony Wega!!! We haven't had any problems so far - what were its first symptoms???

No decorating at all in my house. I keep saying it will happen soon, but no one is listening (like anyone but me will do any decorating! LOL) I think I may get some things done this weekend - hope so!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:29 AM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
OHHHHH!!! Don't tell me that - I have a (almost) 5 year old 60 inch Sony Wega!!! We haven't had any problems so far - what were its first symptoms???

No decorating at all in my house. I keep saying it will happen soon, but no one is listening (like anyone but me will do any decorating! LOL) I think I may get some things done this weekend - hope so!!!
We've had two problems, one fixable, the other not so much. The projection bulb has gone out twice and had to be replaced. That cost over $200 each time. Now the light engine is going out. There is a blue hue across the bottom of the screen that is worse at times and causes blue clouds or spots to appear on the screen. If you go on Sony's website and research the Wega problems, they have pictures of some of the light engine failures. It costs about $1,800 to replace the light engine, so it's considered not worth fixing if this goes out. We're researching for the day it's no longer viewable. The problem is supposed to get progressively worse once it starts. It could last 2 more days or 2 more years according to the Sony authorized repair people we have consulted.

Now about decorating, I still have not done anything. By the time I get home from work around 6 p.m. and we eat supper & clean up the kitchen, it's almost 8 p.m. and it's dark outside, I have laundry to do, and fruit cakes & other things to work on. The evenings fly and it's time to go to bed to get up and get ready for work. There is absolutely no time. I'm hoping this weekend that I can finish the fruit cakes and at least get the tree up. Not sure when I'll shop for gifts. With just one vacation day left that I'm taking Christmas Eve, there's just no time. I'm thinking that I'll play hookey on the day after Christmas. We don't have that day off, but no one will really be working much, so I think I'll tell everyone I'm making "sales calls" in my hometown. That's a code even my bosses use from time to time. I'm just much more honest and almost never take advantage of this little loophole. Most of the branches will close at noon the day after Christmas anyway. All our customers will be off.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
We've had two problems, one fixable, the other not so much. The projection bulb has gone out twice and had to be replaced. That cost over $200 each time. Now the light engine is going out. There is a blue hue across the bottom of the screen that is worse at times and causes blue clouds or spots to appear on the screen. If you go on Sony's website and research the Wega problems, they have pictures of some of the light engine failures. It costs about $1,800 to replace the light engine, so it's considered not worth fixing if this goes out. We're researching for the day it's no longer viewable. The problem is supposed to get progressively worse once it starts. It could last 2 more days or 2 more years according to the Sony authorized repair people we have consulted.

Thanks for the information! We will watch for that. We've had one bulb go out - but understandable as hubby watches it all day/evening every day for the past 5 years. So far, so good (again, fingers crossed). Mom has a 42 inch Sony Wega which has yet to have the bulb replaced - I imagine it will go out soon as her TV is four years old.

Thanks again for the heads up!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #7
Nina

Haven't even started yet. Just can't get motivated.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
Tiramisu

G-kids put up the smallest (6') of my three artificial trees and decorated around in the kitchen and den. It's beautiful and I love to decorate, but that's all we're doing this year.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm done early this year. I put the finishing touches on the tree Monday and it took until last night to get someone to help me put the boxes back up in the attic. I didn't put up the same tree as last year. I bought a 6 foot tree at Wal Mart for $35 and it's really pretty. I'll take a picture of it later. It is one of those prelit trees and I love it. So much easier, but I still didn't enjoy putting the rest of the decorations on. Hopefully when Ricky has a wife and kids we'll be welcome at their home so I won't have to decorate at all.