4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 06-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

She passed away a couple hours ago. She opened her eyes a couple of times and tried to see Ronan. Scott took some pictures of him smiling at her. We had a family lounge room two doors down and my cousin's husband brought some KFC for everyone. When we went there to eat is when she tried to go. One person noticed and got the rest of us so we were all gathered around her when she went.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm so sorry Lindsey. It's never easy losing someone we love, but knowing they are healed and now watching over us does help. Cherish your memories.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #18
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

So sorry for your losses Lindsey. I know this is hard time for all your family. Glad you were able to be there with her.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #19
Shada

Lindsey I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family have been thru so much... lost two special lovely people. In such a short time. I am sure the reality is so hard to understand and accept.
I am sure you are thankful for your grandma being able to see Ronan. That must have brought her joy and peace to be able to spend time with him, and all of you. So glad Scott took pictures of Ronan smiling at his great grandma. Special moments.

You have many friends here who care about you. I pray for strength for you in the coming days and weeks. [HUGS] to you.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:24 AM   #20
DIANE W

So sorry for your loss x

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #21
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm glad you were all there with her, Lindsey. It's hard, but it's good for both you and her to be there at the end. I'm sorry you are going through so much right now. HUGS!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #22
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I feel very at peace with my grandma's passing now. I know I got a sign from her that she is okay, and maybe that helped. Seeing all the family at her funeral was great. The minister said something at the funeral that I can't forget. He talked about how my grandma left Hungary and traveled to Canada when she was a little girl. He said on the shore when they left, everyone was waving and waving until they could just see a little speck on the horizon. Then eventually the people on the shore in Canada could see the speck on the horizon coming closer and closer until the people on the ship could be seen waving. He said to remember she left the shore with us, but she is going to a shore with her husband and other family members and loved ones and they are all waving at her as she arrives. Isn't that an awesome way to put it? I told Scott later that I know my grandpa would have walked to the store to get bread before she arrived hahaha. That was always his job here on earth Grandpa was always walking to the store for bread.

At the cemetery, they had purple balloons for all of the grandchildren to release. One of my cousins said "Try to catch all these Grandma!" as we let them go. Mine and two others got stuck in a tree lol. So then she was like "Shake 'em loose Grandma!" and within a few minutes they had all come loose and everyone watched until they couldn't be seen anymore. It was just beautiful.

I have had troubles every year keeping flowers alive at my house. Every flower pot I own is from my grandma. This year they are all blooming beautifully! And my tree that was almost dead that my landscaper friends told me would not come back, is getting full of green leaves. She is absolutely watching over us.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #23
Shada

I am so happy to know you are doing well, the funeral sounds like a wonderful day to say goodbye and for your grandpa to welcome her... beautiful.

Yes I also believe she is with you. The blooms now and in the future are her way of staying close... her way of saying hello.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsey, that was a beautiful service and the minister said exactly the right things! I'm so happy your flowers are all blooming because it reminds you fondly of your grandmother! What a gift!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #25
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Lindsey, that was a beautiful service and the minister said exactly the right things! I'm so happy your flowers are all blooming because it reminds you fondly of your grandmother! What a gift!!!
Ditto on that.

I remember losing my grandma and I know the peaceful feeling you feel when you know she is in a much better place. She send beautiful signs.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote