4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
Shada

How is everyones weekend going?

Summer is about over.... makes me sad!!!
Today I started out at a estate sale. Small one, not much there, but I did get a couple small corningware with lid containers. 50 cents each. Perfect for lunches. Trying to do away with my plastic and teflon coated cookware. Also a nice leather checkbook holder with compartments 50 cents. Brand new in the package, not assembled with store price tag on for $29.99 pull along grocery cart. Got it for $5.00
Should be handy to take to flea markets and auctions to fill with those unexpected treasures I find...

then off to a auction. Got a box of muffin pans, cookie sheets, 6 qt. pot with lid, cooling racks.. lots of stuff in there all for $2.00
very nice heavy 5 qt. pan with lid for $7.50, bid on and won for a friend who had to leave early, mid sized wagnareware magnalite roaster. She didn't want to go over $40 and I thought I got it for $37.50, then when I cashed out it was $27.50... deal of the day!! Hated to give it up as I loved it also, but told her I would get it for her and I did.

then off to late lunch with friends. Home now and my neighbor boy stopped over with a present for me.. beautiful huge ceramic cat! I have a dog and cat collection of life sized ceramic cats/dogs and this one fit in nicely.

then opened up a ebay package that came today.. two small cute chalkware maltese dogs. Will put those up in my bathroom.

good day to be me!!!!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Your estate sale/auction/lunch sounds fun! My kids (daughter and 2 g-daughters) came on Thursday and went home Saturday late afternoon. We had a good time eating, shopping, and visiting. Then I did some shopping - there are some pretty good sales this weekend, in anticipation of Labor Day weekend. My school starts next week, so I have meetings and a lot of things to do this week, including putting the finishing touches on my CLASS!!! Lol! I should be ready by now, but I've been busy this summer.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm a week late, so I'll talk about this weekend lol

We are heading to the lake (to visit Scott's parents) tomorrow. But first, Scott is driving a race car!!!! I got him a "race experience" package for his birthday so he is going to do a class and then do 15 laps. Ronan and I will be there to watch

On Sunday we are going to a CFL (Canada's version of NFL) football game! It is our friend's birthday and we got tickets with him. I have NEVER been to a professional football game before, but I watch them all on tv. Our team (Saskatchewan Roughriders) play the Winnipeg Blue Bombers every Labour Day weekend, and the game is known as the Labour Day Classic. It is always played here in Saskatchewan. The following weekend is always a rematch in Winnipeg called the Banjo Bowl. So this game is a pretty big deal for us Rider fans Thank goodness for grandparents who have no problem looking after Ro for the afternoon!

Hopefully we will have some time on (and in) the lake before it starts getting too chilly. You can definitely feel summer is coming to an end around here!

On Monday, Ronan will turn 6 months already! That means I'm halfway to going back to work When I think about it, panic starts to set in! I love being home with him so much, but we can't afford to live on one salary when maternity leave is over. A part of me misses work but I know it is going to be a really hard adjustment after a year at home.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes it will be really hard, but you will get through it. It takes a lot of organization and patience. You'll have plenty of time to get ready for it, so you will get through it. But those nights when Ronan stays up most of the night, for whatever reason, are really hard workday!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes I am not looking forward to that! He sleeps so well through the night now, I hope it continues lol

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 09-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Lindsey you are so lucky to be able to stay with your baby for a whole year. I had to go back to work after two months, close to three.

With me is school, homework, kids, dogs, homework

I am going to sneak a mini vacation to Disney at the end of this month to help me through the school year.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I know I'm very lucky! I couldn't imagine being back at work already and possibly missing a lot of his firsts. He is growing and learning so much every day! Yesterday I was busy cleaning the house so Scott was watching Ronan for most of the day and when I went to bed last night I felt EMPTY like I missed out on a whole day of my baby. It was weird for me.

Disney sounds fun! That is a place I have never been... YET!