4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 05-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Losing baby weight

So it turns out I had the best self-image when I was pregnant.

I was kind of obsessed with my weight before pregnancy, and then during pregnancy I decided to not even look at a scale. I'm not sure how much I weighed in the end but I did accidentally see on my prenatal record that I was something like 190 lbs a few weeks before Ronan was born. Before pregnancy I weighed 144, and was trying to get down to 135. Looking back on pictures, I don't know WHY I thought I needed to lose weight! I looked great!

Of course, I lost a lot of weight right after he was born and continued to lose steadily for about 2 weeks afterwards, and then I was stuck at 164. After I got the go-ahead to exercise again after 6 weeks, I started getting on my treadmill every night and now that it's nice out, going out for a walk with the stroller for at least an hour every day. I am also tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal and trying to make healthy eating choices. I am only allowing myself to get on the scale once a week. I have been losing 1-2 lbs per week and am now down to 157!

It is tough though because sometimes I really really crave things that aren't great like ice cream and chips lol! I am letting myself indulge every once in a while so I don't go nuts. I find sometimes I feel really sick now if I eat things that are fried.

I didn't realize it was going to be so tough to lose weight after the baby. I am really lucky that I didn't get any stretch marks and my skin has tightened back up nicely so I was hoping to wear a bikini again this summer! I guess we will see how comfortable I am with my new body shape in a month or two!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It can be hard Lindsey, but you'll get there. It's always hard the older we get, let alone after having a baby. You are right to not eat anything you love, it will drive you crazy! Just keep after it. Once Ronan starts walking you will be running after him all the time! LOL!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm trying to lose 10lbs and I'm having a really hard time because I love to eat

I think Gayle is spot on.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsey, I meant to say you are right to NOT deny yourself a treat now and then! LOL!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol well this week I was up 0.2 lbs. Boo I made a note of my measurements though and hopefully they will change even if the scale doesn't.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Well, Ronan is army-crawling like he is in a race, all over the house, all day, every day!!! It keeps me busy because he is trying to get into EVERYTHING! If he sees a shelf, he will pull everything off it. He pulled a kitchen drawer yesterday and smacked himself in the face (oops!), and I left him in the living room for 10 seconds so I could rinse his bottle and put it in the dishwasher, and when I was done, he was in the dining room with his hand on a bottle of wine in the wine rack! Heart attack! So I'm definitely getting a lot of cardio every day lol! Plus lifting and carrying him is really giving me a workout because he's already 21 lbs!

I noticed a few days ago that my pre-pregnancy jeans are loose and I always have to pull them up when I stand up from sitting down. So I tried on some pants I bought for our trip to Africa in March 2013, and they were pretty snug then. They fit almost perfectly! I got on the scale and I am 1.6 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight! Woohoo! The only issue I have now, as I was just telling Scott, is that my body used to be hard and now it is soft. I have more fat on my belly and love handles than ever before! So that is all I need to work on now. But I am thrilled that I have been able to lose so much and feel generally like my old self again